L.H.S. Safety test
Answer the following questions. When done, click on
the submit button to view your results.
Multiple Choice. Click on the button of the best answer.
1. If you see something in the
classroom or laboratory that is dangerous, tell the
When you have time.
2. Any spill on the floor can cause
an accident. Always clean it up
During clean up time
When you have time
at the end of the
3. When you work in the laboratory
long hair must be
Held with both hands
Kept out of the way.
4. If you are hurt (cut, burned,
etc.) tell the
Nurse at once
Teacher at once
Class at once
Doctor after school.
5. When in the laboratory you
6. If you think there is something
wrong with a piece of equipment, stop, turn it off
the class leader.
7. If you break a piece of
glassware or other equipment, tell the teacher
the next period
At clean up time
8. All floors and aisle should be
kept clear of
Teachers and students
both b and c.
9. If you see a fire in an
apparatus, or a burning liquid, it is best to put it
The fire blanket
Water from the sink
the fire extinguisher.
10. To put out a fire in a person's
hair or clothes, use
the fire blanket
a handy chemical
the wind from running
the fire extinguisher
11. The correct way to move around
the laboratory is to
12. Helping to clean up the
laboratory or classroom is the job of
13. When you use the laboratory,
you should give the procedure all of your
All of these
14. Chemicals, small parts, and
stirring rods are not to be
held in your hand.
put in your mouth
put on the bench
taken from boxes.
15. If acid gets on your skin or
clothes, wash at once with
16. You must wear your goggles in
to improve your vision
to avoid myopia
when instructed to do
17. Disturbing other students while
they are working in the laboratory is
the quickest way to do
18. You should prepare for each
laboratory activity by reading all the instructions
while you are working
before you start
19. When heating substances in a
test tube, be sure the open end points toward
no other person
20. Never heat a test tube
in the lab.
that is closed
over a flame
all of these.
21. To prevent accidents during
laboratory activities , you should
use short cuts
hurry ahead of others
ask someone else to do
22. Playing in the laboratory or
bothering another person is
always against the
all right if you are
23. Before you touch an electric
plug, switch, or outlet
your hands should be
ask the custodian
your hand must be
ask the nurse.
24. To be able to put out a fire
safely, you should know
how to use
where the extinguisher
How to use a fire
all of these
25. Laboratory aprons are for
the protection of you
and your clothing
others to put away.
when you are wearing
your best clothes
wiping your hands
26. In case of fire in the
laboratory, notify the teacher at once and then
Evacuate the building
open the doors
clean the laboratory
27. When smelling a liquid
use the fume hood.
Waft it toward you
pour it on the table.
28. Make sure equipment is clean
before you use it
after you use it
both A and B
29. If you are not sure what to do
ask the teacher
30. The most important thing in
laboratory experiments is
getting the answer
Choose the words that best
completes the following paragraph.
Never (36) any substance
unless you are specifically instructed to do
so by your teacher. Any activity that
involves poisonous vapors must be carried out
in a(n) (37) hood. Always read and
double check the label on a(n) (38) bottle
before removing anything from it, and never (39)
unused material to the bottle. If you are
directed to mix an acid and water, always be
sure to add the (40) to the (41) ,
never the reverse.